Reading & Leeds

Post about upcoming shows, past concert experiences, meetups, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Reading & Leeds

Postby SLF » Tue May 03, 2011 12:04 am

Bosstones are headlining the Lock Up Stage.

http://www.punktastic.com/news/25913/Re ... ouncement/

Fuck do I want to go.
Brace yourself.
SLF

Re: Reading & Leeds

Postby BadgerofDoom » Wed May 04, 2011 7:03 am

Me too dude, me too... although I did nine Readings in a row and it really isn't the festival it used to be. It's timing is crappy, as it coincides with the result of the exams all 16yr olds take over here so lots of parents bribe their kids with tickets. As a result it gets a bit crazy, not in the good way but in the 'drunk 16yr old who can't handle it' or the '14yr old who decies to take acid for the first time and REALLY can't handle it' way. I might well go anyway though as that punk tent lineup is stunning.

I'm really hoping for a non-festival show, or even better a set at the incredibly awesome Beautiful Days festival the week before. Flogging Molly are playing that and Highfield, would it be too much to hope the 'ToneS do the same?
by PlaidGirl » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:31 pm
I would see your charlie brown and raise you a chewbacca growl but I don't want to give Greedo a hard-on
BadgerofDoom

Postby BadgerofDoom » Wed May 04, 2011 7:41 am

Addendum: Just realised I have the chance to see Madness and the BossToneS on the same day.... ticket purchased. Job done.

The Festival's not far from my house either (maybe 20 miles) so if anyone decides to fly over for it and needs a place to crash before / after then consider this an open invite. Even better, let's get a few of us together for a 737 campsite maybe? That would definitely rule.
I would see your charlie brown and raise you a chewbacca growl but I don't want to give Greedo a hard-on
BadgerofDoom

Postby xtine » Wed May 04, 2011 12:16 pm

BadgerofDoom wrote:Addendum: Just realised I have the chance to see Madness and the BossToneS on the same day.... ticket purchased. Job done.

So jealous.
http://www.xtine.net

Lil bit sleepy now! Who? what? where? ::snore::
-- The Tall Kid
xtine
Administrator

Postby SLF » Thu May 05, 2011 8:55 am

BadgerofDoom wrote:Addendum: Just realised I have the chance to see Madness and the BossToneS on the same day.... ticket purchased. Job done.

The Festival's not far from my house either (maybe 20 miles) so if anyone decides to fly over for it and needs a place to crash before / after then consider this an open invite. Even better, let's get a few of us together for a 737 campsite maybe? That would definitely rule.

Don't tempt me too much.
Brace yourself.
SLF

Postby perry1386 » Sat May 14, 2011 3:00 am

These overseas August dates make me wonder (if)/when any US dates will be??? hmm...
"...cause when the Journey ends, we'll still be the best of friends."
perry1386

Postby vin737 » Sat May 14, 2011 10:28 am

maybe just an oversee's summer tour?
vin jankowski

What really happen on night 3?

ctskafan@twitter
vin737

Postby BadgerofDoom » Fri May 27, 2011 6:00 am

So... looks like a mini Euro tour is the deal of the day for this summer. Good times!

I noticed that this thread's gone a bit quiet of late, so I wondered if anyone else is planning on heading to Reading or Leeds? Might be a bit less crazy than previous years as the tickets STILL haven't sold out. The last few years of it have done so within hours let alone days or weeks, but it seems everyone's so underwhelmed with the headliners / main stage lineup that they're not bothering.

Also, and apologies for being cheeky here Mr Gittleman, but is there any chance of a heads-up as to whether or not there'll be a non-festival show in England at all (kinda similar to the Camden Garage one a few years back after the Sum 41 tour, the night after the Wembley gig)? That remains my favourite ever show by an absolute mile; Dickie called my mate 'a pissed 15yr old' (which to be fair he was) cos he nearly fell over on stage after crowdsurfing up, King Prawn were awesome, and I reckon Grat enjoyed it too... just a bit... ;) I'd be totally stoked if a repeat was on the cards....
BadgerofDoom

Postby Julie Jon's girl » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:51 am

I really want to be at the two UK shows! Had flights held but my BF doesn't want to go...if there is a smaller local venue show, that would tip me over the fence to booking a flight...... I know that Reading is teenage mud hell some years, but I'm thinking they will be so enamored with the main stage or busy in their tents that the show will be a sweet mix of real 737 and twitterpatted virginal fans. Either way so want to be there.
Life is short and so am I.
Julie Jon's girl

Postby Julie Jon's girl » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:54 am

[quote="BadgerofDoom"]I noticed that this thread's gone a bit quiet of late, so I wondered if anyone else is planning on heading to Reading or Leeds? Might be a bit less crazy than previous years as the tickets STILL haven't sold out. The last few years of it have done so within hours let alone days or weeks, but it seems everyone's so underwhelmed with the headliners / main stage lineup that they're not bothering.

I was surprised they haven't sold out yet either.......is a sign I should go? lol
Julie Jon's girl

Postby BadgerofDoom » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:11 am

Apparently last year's Reading was a mudbath, but even in previous years when it's been wet as hell before the festival it's been ok. I never even needed wellies, just covered my shoes in gaffer tape and was fine.

I weighed up doing both shows myself but decided against it, it's a long drive and I'd rather have the full weekend on one site to enjoy the festival without the worries of moving / sobriety. Plus Friday has a couple good bands and Sunday has The Descendents :)

Having done the trip in reverse for HTTD11 I'd say go for it, but on the flipside it's a long way to go for 1hr of the ToneS. Depends how much you like the rest of the lineup I guess.
BadgerofDoom

Re: Reading & Leeds HELP ME GO!

Postby Julie Jon's girl » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:15 am

Hey guys, I think I might have a chance of going to Reading and Leeds afterall...one of my best friends was tired of me grumbling about not going to the show, and she said hey, I've entered this contest to win a million american miles, if I win, we'll go. I was thinking sure sunshine! But she's steadily moving up the ranks of the writing contest---went from 70 to 54th then 54th to 42nd then last night is up to 36th. If she gets into the top 30, she'll be in the finals!

I don't usually ask for favors, but today's the last day to vote, so if you have a chance please got to www.curethewanderlust.com and vote for her essay under Ann Hill or # 731276. I read through a lot of the other entries, and most of them are not as creative, so I think she may just have a shot!

PS Badger: 12 hours of flights (roundtrip) for a max of 2 hours of Bosstones...plus beer, mud, curry, and pubfood...Hmm seems like a great idea to me! :D
Julie Jon's girl

Return to Tours and Shows