Summer Board Cleaning

Announcements and info related to forum operations.

Moderator: Moderators

Summer Board Cleaning

Postby xtine » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 pm

Your ever hard at work board admin here. So I have enabled admin account activation of new members. I think this will stop spam as I get notified of any new accounts created since they wont be able to post until I activate the account.

Also, I am going to dedicate some time each day in cleaning the bots that have an account on this board. There are over 1800 registered users on the board right now, and probably only a few hundred actual real board members. Hopefully I can clear out most of them within 2 weeks. Hopefully I won't get carpal tunnel from this repetitive mundane task lol jk.

In the meanwhile, let me know if you guys have any questions about board maintenance. Always happy to help out the Bosstones community. :)
xtine
Administrator

Postby aladinplaid » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:55 pm

ahhh relief
aladinplaid

Postby xtine » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:13 pm

I'm trying to talk to the person that has server access so I can finally install some spam-prevention mods and perhaps get a newer theme on this board. I'll let you guys know if I get any progress on that part.

As part as new registrations are concerned...there's still like 15 new spambots created every day but they can't post. This also prevents real people from posting here as fast.
xtine
Administrator

Return to Forum Information