Most Registered Users Online

Announcements and info related to forum operations.

Moderator: Moderators

Most Registered Users Online

Postby RUDEsmile » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:16 pm

ok, for some dumb reason, i actually pay attn to this. at the bottom of the homepage for this forum it marks when the most amt of folks were online at once.

back on dec 27th, 2007 there were something like 90 users on at once. thats understandable since it was during the throwdown. it now says aug 27th, 2008 in which 108 folks were online at once, to which i'm wondering what the hell was going on that everyone was on at that specific time. I know i was one of them since i know i was taking a break from setting up my classroom at work.

the point i'm getting to is that i'm REALLY hoping that the day the throwdown tickets go on sale (which almost everyone will be online anyways) will be the new high score.

you can tell me how lame i am whenever you want (unless you've already done so).
RUDEsmile

Postby mightybill737 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:17 pm

i think that was the day of one of the contests.
"To be king you don't need a castle"
mightybill737

Postby NexPhr3ak0r » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:22 pm

the system probably also counts the various bots crawling the site at the time as well. I have seen anywhere from 15-20 googlebots crawling a site at one time.
What you call the disease, I call the remedy
What you're callin' the cause, I call the cure
NexPhr3ak0r

Postby thatgirlmitch » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:12 pm

LOL! I was just wondering that today, myself. I was like damn, did I miss something?
thatgirlmitch

Postby NexPhr3ak0r » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:38 am

apparently it looks like today is going to be a big day as well. Tons of users already on the site.
NexPhr3ak0r

Postby RUDEsmile » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:20 pm

ha, i'm looking now thinking it would have maxed out but we didn't. damn all you people!!! work harder!!!
RUDEsmile

Postby NexPhr3ak0r » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:36 pm

RUDEsmile wrote:ha, i'm looking now thinking it would have maxed out but we didn't. damn all you people!!! work harder!!!

I can't physically work any harder. I must have 50 frickin posts today. My fingers are almost officially raw.
NexPhr3ak0r

Postby towl33 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:40 pm

Holy posts :shock: it seems there is a link to here from the ToneS webpage (did not notice that before). I saw one person had 20 posts and joined the BB today.
...what we have could be as good as what we get...
towl33

Postby SLF » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:49 pm

Yeah I just joined today as well. I'd seen the board a couple times before but was content with just browsing until today.
Brace yourself.
SLF

Postby xtine » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:43 pm

I've been manually activating new forum account activations for a while, and glad to say there have been no spammers signing up for accounts anymore!

Anyways, since the Throwdown is ramping up I've gotten a whole slew of new registrations awaiting activation so I finally flipped the switch so new user registrations are automatic.

Should see an increase now in forum activity. And as always, let me know if you guys have any concerns about how the board is run at any time. :)
xtine
Administrator

Postby towl33 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:10 pm

^^^^Thanks, great job on the site BTW.
...what we have could be as good as what we get...
towl33

Postby dontworrydesmonddekker737 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:32 pm

This board has been run great! One of the better ones around that's for sure!
If nothing happened in a minute, wait another something would.
dontworrydesmonddekker737

Postby RUDEsmile » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:49 am

yeah, there is definitely an increase in forum activity. since the TD tickets went on sale, there are TONS of new users! my lord.
"The only time RUDEsmile is the voice of reason is when MightyBill is around." ~Tall Kid
RUDEsmile

Postby aladinplaid » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:41 am

it's been like this since the Avalon show :wink:
aladinplaid

Postby RUDEsmile » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:06 pm

aladinplaid wrote:it's been like this since the Avalon show :wink:

i guess that puts me in that group since i registered on march 9th. ;) i started a trend.
"The only time RUDEsmile is the voice of reason is when MightyBill is around." ~Tall Kid
RUDEsmile

Next

Return to Forum Information