Dicky's Voice on PP&GJ

Talk about specific albums, songs, lyrics, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dicky's Voice on PP&GJ

Postby Siegrist » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:33 am

His voice never should have strayed even the slightest from how he sounded on devils night out IMHO.

I have grown to accept the changes over the years, but this album needed a little barking/growling to rank up there with their classics.
Siegrist

Postby charrette1223 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:04 pm

Siegrist wrote:His voice never should have strayed even the slightest from how he sounded on devils night out IMHO.

I have grown to accept the changes over the years, but this album needed a little barking/growling to rank up there with their classics.

i'd love for that voice to make a full return. however, i doubt he can even scream like he does on the early albums anymore so it doesnt bother me
charrette1223

Postby matt » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Siegrist wrote:His voice never should have strayed even the slightest from how he sounded on devils night out IMHO.

If it hadn't changed, he wouldn't have been able to make 8 records. He wouldn't be able to do that for more than 20 years.
matt

Postby hemenwaykid » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:51 am

matt wrote:

If it hadn't changed, he wouldn't have been able to make 8 records. He wouldn't be able to do that for more than 20 years.

Not to mention that I'm not really interested in a ska-punk version of the Barenaked Ladies (whose refusal to evolve or experiment is almost willfull at this point).
-becca

------------
"People be starting drama on mah forum." --Mattciq (in guise of forum admin)
hemenwaykid

Postby redsox123 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:48 am

It's really kinda gravely in "Wasted Summers" too
redsox123

Postby MightyMightyAustin » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:01 pm

I forgot to buy this when it came out... I need to.

rightmeow
MightyMightyAustin

Previous

Return to Favorite Records