[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones Forum • View topic - Dicky's Voice on PP&GJ

Dicky's Voice on PP&GJ

Talk about specific albums, songs, lyrics, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dicky's Voice on PP&GJ

Postby Siegrist » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:33 am

His voice never should have strayed even the slightest from how he sounded on devils night out IMHO.

I have grown to accept the changes over the years, but this album needed a little barking/growling to rank up there with their classics.
Siegrist

Postby charrette1223 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:04 pm

Siegrist wrote:His voice never should have strayed even the slightest from how he sounded on devils night out IMHO.

I have grown to accept the changes over the years, but this album needed a little barking/growling to rank up there with their classics.

i'd love for that voice to make a full return. however, i doubt he can even scream like he does on the early albums anymore so it doesnt bother me
charrette1223

Postby matt » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Siegrist wrote:His voice never should have strayed even the slightest from how he sounded on devils night out IMHO.

If it hadn't changed, he wouldn't have been able to make 8 records. He wouldn't be able to do that for more than 20 years.
matt

Postby hemenwaykid » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:51 am

matt wrote:

If it hadn't changed, he wouldn't have been able to make 8 records. He wouldn't be able to do that for more than 20 years.

Not to mention that I'm not really interested in a ska-punk version of the Barenaked Ladies (whose refusal to evolve or experiment is almost willfull at this point).
-becca

------------
"People be starting drama on mah forum." --Mattciq (in guise of forum admin)
hemenwaykid

Postby redsox123 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:48 am

It's really kinda gravely in "Wasted Summers" too
redsox123

Postby MightyMightyAustin » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:01 pm

I forgot to buy this when it came out... I need to.

rightmeow
MightyMightyAustin

Previous

Return to Favorite Records