Most Sought Out Bosstones Item?

Talk about specific albums, songs, lyrics, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Most Sought Out Bosstones Item?

Postby Boom Boom » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:48 pm

Every band has the "thing" that everyone wants their hands on, but no one can seem to ever find it

So, has anyone ever come across the Every Trick In The Book import from Germany??
Boom Boom

Postby greedo737 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:50 pm

Never seen it . . .
"I hear alcohol calling...better go see what it wants.”. -mightybill737
greedo737

Postby Nicky Barrett » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:11 am

Anybody ever get their hands on this?

HTTD 14: N/A - See y'all after 07-13-12!
"Nicky always makes me look good!" -Dicky
"There you have it, anatomy of a dick move." -Joe
Nicky Barrett

Postby Skibz777 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:37 am

Yeah, that's cool and all, but do you have...AN ARTICLE OF DICKY'S CLOTHING?

...man, no wonder why I haven't taken that out of my closet since I bought it...

Where did you even get that banner, Nicky?
Last edited by Skibz777 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Skibz777

Postby padrino333 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:39 am

I wanted that bosstones backdrop SO bad since it was put on Ebay. Looks like they made another one for the LA show though... unless they had several of them.
padrino333

Postby Nicky Barrett » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:57 am

And the story goes like this:

There was an auction for the Katrina victims, and it just so happened that Dicky gave this to Joe Sibb, who in turn donated it for the auction. The auction went up for 10 days, and I put in a max bid of $400. I let the auction go, and TOTALLY didn't pay attention to it for the last 3 days. I got an email stating I won it at $397... lucky me!

I sent this pic to Joe G, saying "Lemme know if and when you need it."

He replied, and I quote, "Dude...You have the banner...That was the worst executed auction in history! What a fucking steal. Congrats.

I'll let you know if we need it...I do have a few back ups in my closet. I think these things are supposed to be flame proof now anyway. Thanks for the support...Really. Joe G and MMB."

I sent that in November of 06. Fast Forward ONE YEAR LATER, I get an email:

Any chance of me buying that banner back from you?

Joe G

So I just gave it back to them at the Throwdown
Nicky Barrett

Postby Skibz777 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:56 am

Nicky Barrett wrote:So I just gave it back to them at the Throwdown

What? What happened to his back-ups? That strikes me as rather suspicious....I think Joe just likes to line his living room with as much BossToneS memorabilia as possible and then just sit on the floor and laugh maniacally.

They'll come back around, though...I know I sure as hell would love to have one of those draped in my home.
Skibz777

Postby Nicky Barrett » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:06 am

That was their main touring banner.

I'm assuming that backups are the ones with the city names across Otis. I'd like to get the Los Angeles one!

JOE! IF YOU'RE READING THIS, SEND ME THE LOS ANGELES ONE! =-P
Nicky Barrett

The Banner

Postby grinch1134 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:45 am

Nicky

395 was my last bid on that banner, I should have went 401 oh well. Told the wife I was only bidding up to 200. Though it would still be up in my house.

I do have a pair of Ben Carr's Doc Marten's that were auctioned off a while back by the Bosstones for a Boston Kids Christmas thing. I have worn the soles off those things, but still wear them to shows only.
grinch1134

Postby mmbfan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:26 pm

A few years back I got my hand on Dicky's tie as it was thrown into the pit, unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. I didn't feel like maiming the kid in front of me over it so I let the other people who caught it too fight for it. This past Throwdown though on night number 2 I got Dicky's sunglasses and I have them on display with my BossToneS skateboard that I got signed by the band.

My coolest piece is the broken mallet for Little Joe's kick. It broke at a show somewhere on Long Island during "All Things Considered" and Dicky then threw it into the crowd and I got it. A few months after that I was able to get Little Joe to sign it, and he wrote "I hate this thing!" on it and signed it.
mmbfan

Postby greedo737 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:42 pm

I gave Dicky my plaid jacket on stage and he word it for a song. Then he went offstage and gave me the one he had worn that night.
"I hear alcohol calling...better go see what it wants.”. -mightybill737
greedo737

Postby jessica » Thu May 15, 2008 2:45 pm

the only thing i still want is one of the Thank You posters from 97 or 98, with all the fans on it.
jessica

Postby theymightbetom » Fri May 16, 2008 3:52 am

Dick's disgusting sweat rag from the nye show. the smell gets a little more sour every day, but i love it.
theymightbetom

Postby ESBungo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:49 pm

I think one of the rarest things I have is my MIA bosstones snowboard with the pic of an 7in for Chocolate Pudding on it. I caught it at a local shop and picked it up. I've never seen another one. Now that I'm living in Fl its at my parents in Pa and I cant ever part with it.

oh btw I'm eric and just signed on here

Eric
ESBungo

Postby rancidbosstones » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:05 pm

woah that's awesome you have to post pics of that. What size is it?
rancidbosstones

Next

Return to Favorite Records