Bouncing Souls- For All The Unheard Tour (4 Nights @MidEast)

Ska/punk/music talk other than the 'tones.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Bouncing Souls- For All The Unheard Tour (4 Nights @MidEast)

Postby redsox123 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:52 pm

Songs I recall being left out

The Good, The Bad, and The Argyle

I Know What Boys Like

Maniacal Laughter

None

Bouncing Souls

The Screamer
Party at 174
I Like Your Eyes

Hopeless Romantic

None

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

None

Anchors Aweigh

The Day I Turned My Back on You

The Gold Record

The Messenger

Ghosts on the Boardwalk

Big Eyes
Like the Sun
Boogie Woogie Downtown
redsox123

Postby Jodocow737 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:15 am

trisha wrote:I'm beyond okay with them leaving certain songs out for personal reasons, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be 4+ songs. I'd be sad if they said they'd play through an album completely and then left out half of it.

I'd be upset if a band advertised they were playing a whole cd and left out songs.
Last edited by Jodocow737 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mattciq to random texas bro that wandered into the punx room " Nickleback is the shit"
Jodocow737

Postby TCB Matt » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:05 am

Jeez I didn't realize they left out that many. No "Messenger"? That has to be one of my favorites on that record too!
'Cause we're all so young and there's time to change just tell me, aren't these the reddest eyes you've ever seen?
TCB Matt

Postby kfdavila » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:57 pm

I could only make it to night 4, and had to leave a work engagement in the rain, on bike, to make it. I showed up soaked and in a sportscoat, not ideal, but I had a blast.

The crowd was off, I agree. I never really fault anyone for getting too wild, but a few dudes were throwing elbows in a way that pissed me the fuck off. I finally had to politely talk to them about it after getting rocked and they were cool. Then some drunk dude spilled an entire beer on me, after getting into a fight with a girl, which resulted me getting accidentally punched in the face. So, strange vibe, I enjoyed the hell out of the tunes, and not bad for a Saturday Night. I was just amused leaving more beat-up than I got at the Subhumans\MDC show.

With all the talk about the Middle East not allowing stage diving (it's a horrible venue for it) and throwing people out night 1, I saw many people do it without getting fucked with. One guy got thrown out, not sure what his crime was compared to the others.

Don't care what anyone says, love Gold Record.

redsox123 wrote:Tonight was definitely a letdown from last night. No one really came out and the people that did, I wish they just stayed home haha

They also left off more songs than they did off the other albums tonight. Especially off the new record where they didn't play 3 or 4 songs off of it.

Also, they're writing a new record right now, so I was really excited to hear that!
kfdavila

Postby trisha » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:31 am

Night three in NYC was fucking amazing. I love going to shows where I know the openers really well.. and then just getting to hear such an important album to punk/me in its entirety. Just holy shit, so happy they did this.
If I'm going down, Hell, I'm not going down alone.
trisha

Postby SLF » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:24 pm

trisha wrote:Night three in NYC was fucking amazing. I love going to shows where I know the openers really well.. and then just getting to hear such an important album to punk/me in its entirety. Just holy shit, so happy they did this.

I despise you.

Spoiler: show
Not really. But I'm really jealous you made it to that show.
Brace yourself.
SLF

Postby The Tall Kid » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:56 pm

The past four nights were nothing short of incredible... it added up to something like 112 unique songs. Simply mind-blowing.

Shout out to hemenwaykid, my fellow four-nighter!

Also great seeing Trisha and Mike Heinz
Somewhere, out there, is a picture gallery "Dicks of the 737." - xtine
The Tall Kid

Postby btonemike » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:38 pm

The Tall Kid wrote:The past four nights were nothing short of incredible... it added up to something like 112 unique songs. Simply mind-blowing.

Shout out to hemenwaykid, my fellow four-nighter!

Also great seeing Trisha and Mike Heinz

I thought they totally killed it last night. The common complaint with the souls is that Greg is a statue on stage, but last night he was all over the place. Best I've seen them play in a long long time.
They rose to the occasion, there was cause for celebration, and the celebration lasted for a week!
btonemike

Postby trisha » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:40 am

I was also insanely shocked when Greg crowd surfed around the entire venue. COMPLETELY out of character, in my opinion.
If I'm going down, Hell, I'm not going down alone.
trisha

Postby kfdavila » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:51 pm

Haha, I love his statue stage presence for some reason, looks like he's concentrating. Glad the NY shows were awesome!
kfdavila

Previous

Return to Ska-Core, the Devil, and More